Today I did a tutorial for DIY Fang Earrings. They seem to be in style right now, so I made a pair for myself. Whenever I wear them, everyone wants to know where did I get them and when I say that I made them myself, no one really believes me. :)
I made this tutorial, so you can make them too! And you won't need any super sculpting skills to make these. Atleast I hope so, because that's what I always say. :)
- Polymer Clay (maybe you can use other clay too)
- Craft Knife
- Plastic Card (like old phone card or credit card)
- Golden Paint (or any other metallic paint of your choice)
- Earring Hooks (matching to the paint you are going to use)
What to do if your not satisfied with your fangs and want them to be thicker? Do as I say:
- Bend them back
15. Take your eyepins. (As mine were too long, I had to crop them a bit.)
Then sand with some rough sandpaper and then use nail file or finer sandpaper again.
Paint your fangs with different color nail polish if necessary (skip the sanding part).
Chop off top of the fangs with craft knife. As you can see, if you do this after baking, the edge will look neater after slicing, rather than doing this with soft clay.